This is Circus, my Master thesis in Digital Architecture (Rome 2011).
The video represent a proposal project for a new area next to Tiburtina Station in Rome.
- Geometric research: Grasshopper
- 3D model and render: 3ds max and Vray
- Animation: 3ds max and After effects
- Video: Premiere
- A cylindrical grid is generated using the curve flows as attractor
- The scale of the individual cylinders depends on their distances from the attractor curve
- Cylinders are separated in “families” according to their distance from the curve attractor